Sorry it’s been so quiet on the Shinny Studio front! But take a peek at a mood board for my current project, branding for a beverage company.
Back from Budapest! Was craving tea all weekend though…England has officially broken me.
(Source: lume-fodobrah, via puckling)
Eight players scored goals and 11 different U.S. skaters had at least one point to help the U.S. Women’s National Team defeat Sweden, 10-0, in the opening game of the 2013 Four Nations Cup. [x]
(Source: spiek1220, via puckling)
Vibrant graffiti at Amsterdam Noord’s @NDSM_werf. This place is a playground for street artists, from quirky and conceptual to old school!
I am such a sucker for street art. Pretty sure it comprises 50% of my vacation photos.
Hockey is my jam.
ganking for fun. wanna see you guys fill it out too, to get to know your favorite teams and such :D
1. Favourite team: Blackhawks
2. Favourite player(s): Marian Hossa (boss!), Patrick Kane (dem hands!), Henrik Lundqvist (elegahnce!)
Best Only game I’ve ever been to: Edinburgh Capitals vs. Belfast Giants. I moved to Scotland right after getting into hockey :(((
4. Three teams I don’t care for: Flyers (brutes). Preds (they’re weirdly effective against the Hawks). Bruins (sorry, I’m just not a fan of physical teams).
5. If my team doesn’t hoist the Cup this year, I hope it goes to: San Jose Sharks.
6. First favourite player: Patrick Kane
7. Why am I a hockey fan: It’s simultaneously the most graceful yet brutal sport to watch. The speed is intoxicating. The players are awkward weirdos. The fandom is awesome.
8. Team Crosby or Team Ovi: Crosby
9. Second favourite team: San Jose Sharks, with the Oilers a close third.
10. Favourite Russian player: Geno
11. Favourite Swedish player: Toss-up between King Henrik and Johnny Oduya
12. Favourite American player: I feel repetitive saying Kaner so I’ll go with Parise.
13. Favourite Canadian player: Can I count Hallberle as one person?
14. Staals or Sedins: Staals. They grew up on a *sod farm*, fer chrissakes.
15. Player I like on a team I don’t like: Claude Giroux
16. Craziest thing I’ve done for my team: demanded one TV screen be switched to hockey in a pub-ful of rowdy, drunk Scots watching a rugby final. I had to…it was the playoffs.
17. First player I met: None
18. Team I’ll support in Sochi 2014: US of fucking A. Baby these colors don’t run
19. Arena I’d kill to watch a game in: Any NHL game. Any.
20. Player currently on my team who deserves to have his number retired: Toews and Kane for sure.
(Source: thetourdefierce, via serenadestrong)
hello my babies.
Yes, yes, clear PVC shoes make beautiful, editorial photographs. But when I see them being sold in earnest, does no one else think about how gross and steamy your feet would get in them? All fogged up except for the areas your toes are squished against the plastic, peach-colored and visible to all the world? Surely I’m not alone in thinking this.
Huzzah, we’ve hit our minimum for Shinny Studio’s Steel City Pens tee! That means we can now confirm the final price: $25 sweet smackeroos, with free shipping to the U.S. Furthermore, we have enough pre-orders to offer additional shirts at $20 a pop. Pressies, anyone?
To non-U.S. fans, we haven’t forgotten about you and neither do you miss out on the shipping discount! Unfortunately, postage exceeds the discount and so our Canadian neighbors to the North will pay $5 to cover costs. For everybody else in the world, please add $11. If you’re interested in buying multiple pieces from abroad, ask us directly about combined shipping.
To place your order, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, mailing address and desired size (see chart here). Orders close November 30th; earlier if we hit our max number of tees (we can only process so many orders at the small ship S.S.!). If you have already pre-ordered, we will send you an e-mail in the coming week to confirm your interest.
Heartfelt thanks to everyone for sharing and reblogging the Steel City Pens design. We wouldn’t have been able to make it a(n affordable) reality without you. xx